Facilitators work in a group of three, touring Italian schools and presenting interactive storytelling workshops, in English.
There is only one Storytelling Tour, and this group works exclusively with primary school students.
Typically each facilitator will perform 3 or 4 workshops per day, at one or two schools, and then travel afterwards. Each facilitator works with an individual group of students in their classroom. The workshops are led independently (and simultaneously) by each facilitator, and the average number of students per group is 20.
Ideally a facilitator for this tour would have classroom experience, relevant training and/or teaching qualifications, and a drama background.
For more information about salary and the general workings of the tour, please see the Job Description page.
All scripts, songs and workshops are already prepared, tried and tested!
The Storytelling repertoire (still to be confirmed) consists of:
- Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Wizard of Oz, Robin Hood and Excalibur.
- Workshops last for either 60 or 90 minutes.
- A fairytale workshop consists of: storytelling sections (where the story and songs are pre-taught), and performance sections (where the students are the protagonists of the story).
- Storytelling workshops are offered to primary school students.
- A classroom-based language workshop, following a specific theme, lasting either 60 or 90 minutes.