We welcome applications from English-speakers from all over the world to teach in the camps as part of our TEFL through Performance and Play course. You don’t need to be a qualified teacher, or have a theatre/drama background, but we do look for energetic individuals who love working with children and are passionate about teaching English in creative and exciting ways.
Applicants accepted onto our program will attend a five day orientation course prior to attending our camps. They will be trained by our international didactic team.
In order to apply, applicants must meet the below requirements:
- Must be 18 or over
- Must be a mother-tongue English speaker (if not then proficiency level must be extremely high)
Furthermore, the following are not required but are seen as desirable credentials:
- Previous teaching experience
- Experience working with children
- Previous TEFL experience and/or TEFL Certification
- Degree or studies in education and/or theatre/drama
- Experience living and/or working abroad
EDUCO will provide all tutors with:
- Full training at our orientation course held in Sanremo
- Free accommodation with Italian host families
- Paid transportation from camp to camp
- Insurance against accidents that may occur while at camp (additionally, tutors are required to have their own health and travel insurance policy)
- EDUCO will also support all tutors with a paid study grant for their participation in the program
Once accepted onto our program, you will be responsible for:
- Flight costs to and from Italy
- The cost of transport from your final camp to departure airport
- 200 euro orientation fee (to be paid in cash upon arrival in Italy)
In order to participation in our TEFL program applicants must:
- Attend one of our orientation courses from:
- Be able to commit to a minimum of three weeks in camp following orientation
An important notice in light of the international Coronavirus (COVID - 19) outbreak:
EDUCO is accepting applications for our 2022 Summer camp programme. Currently we expect to go ahead with camps from June until September and encourage prospective tutors to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The safety and health of staff and students is always the highest priority at EDUCO and we will be implementing new health and safety measures at our camps.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our offices for further information.
Please note that it is impossible to join the program without attending orientation, regardless of the applicant’s previous experience or qualifications.
*EDUCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, or disability in any of its policies, programs, and services.